Saturday, April 12, 2008

Are we settled now?

All the places I once called home!

I was counting the number of places I lived in recently and this number seemed completely unreasonable... so I decided to blog about it mostly for my wife so she can see that it may well be the time to settle. Although things were quite stable at first (I actually lived for the first 18 years in a single place), it all changed once I moved out of my mom's place!

In case you are wondering, no I'm not 65 but only 36 years old...ok almost 37 now.

Here's the map:

View Larger Map


Here's the list:


  1. Chicoutimi: My first Home!
    Well almost the first, but I did move there at the age of 2 months-old...and left at the age of 19 years-old! Year: 1971-1990
  2. Regina : My first summer trip
    Spent about two months there to learn our national second official language! Year: 1989
  3. Vancouver
    Supposed to spend a full summer there with a friend, but we actually returned home prematurely ... I had to return right after we found our first job. Year: 1991
  4. Montreal: My first apartment
    2510 Bldv Édouard-Montpetit, Montréal. Did my first two years of University there..with two other good friends. Year:1990-91
  5. Worcester: WPI in the dorms
    I've completed my 3rd year of B.Eng. Year: 1992-93
  6. Montreal: Last apartment where I completed my B. at Ecole Polytechnique
    3210 Bldv Édouard-Montpetit Year:1993
  7. Montreal: First apartment with Kim
    2910 Av Linton Year: 1994
  8. Montreal: Second apartment with Kim
    2910 Av Linton Year: 1994
  9. Montreal: Third apartment with Kim
    Av Papineau Nice view of the park! Year: 1995
  10. Montreal: Fourth apartment with Kim
    Av Papineau Yes believe it or not, we moved next door to have an extra room, sigh!! Year: 1996
  11. Montreal: Fifth apartment with Kim
    6654 de Lanaudiere Well things are getting out of control..I have a solution! Year:1997
  12. Iasi: for Work
    I've been in and out of this place for work. It literally opened my eyes to the world, and I also met quite interesting and fun people. Year: About 4 months during 1998-1999
  13. Montreal: The first place we owned
    6554 rue de la Roche. Here's the solution: we bought a nice duplex...things should stabilize now, well that was my plan! Year: 1998-1997
  14. Tonbridge Wells: my sister place
    Stayed at my sister place for a couple of months waiting for my Swiss work permit Year: 2000
  15. Lausanne: Seventh place with Kim
    Saint-Roch. First apartment we rented in Lausanne. Small and..expensive (ok this is Switzerland) Year: 2000
  16. Lausanne: Eighth place with Kim
    Cite-Devant. Our second apartment in Lausanne, much nicer and right in the old part of Lausanne. This is where my daughter was born. Year: 2001-02
  17. Vaudreuil-sur-le-lac: Nineth place with Kim
    26 des Caryers. The house we bought. Year: 2003-2007
  18. Laval: Tenth place with Kim
    Du Bouvreuil. The place we rent for 6 months before going back to Europe. Year: 2007
  19. Epalinges: Eleventh place with Kim
    De la Jaquiere. This is our current location! Year: 2008-?

Martin

No comments: